Friday, June 14, 2013

New Seabury, Cape Cod, Mass.


Road Trip Days 1-2 (June 13-14): Philadelphia, PA --> New York, NY --> New Seabury, MA


          States Driven Through: Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, and   
                                                Massachusetts

          Traveling with: Paula (-->) 

           Song playing in the car: Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa (Vampire Weekend)

           Best thing to eat: Lobster roll from the Raw Bar in Hyannis

           Major Highway: I-95 N

So after setting out from Philly, I stayed overnight with Paula and her family in New York City. This morning, Paula and I made our way to the cottage we rented in Maushop Village, a private community in New Seabury, Mashpee, MA. The four-hour drive took us up I-95 N for most of the way. I have to say, there's something very satisfying about driving on 95 and not hitting traffic. After we settled into our cottage, we drove about half an hour for dinner in Hyannis at the Raw Bar. Not that we're experts on lobster rolls, but wow, that one was really good. Not to mention, their delicious New England clam chowder. Today was kind of a chill day and then tomorrow and Sunday, we're supposed to have great weather and will take the short walk to the beach.

3 comments:

  1. Love the blog and photos. I feel like I am on vacation too! Cottage is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos...cottage looks lovely. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Arjun,
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blogs about New Seabury to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you soon!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete