Monday, June 17, 2013

Cape Cod --> NYC --> Pittsburgh


Road Trip Day 5 (June 17): Cape Cod to New York City to Pittsburgh


Believe it or not, today was actually the longest drive that I'll do on this trip -- 10.5 hours. After (sadly) leaving Cape Cod, Paula and I drove out of Massachusetts, through Rhode Island and Connecticut, before reaching City Island, a very unique part of New York City, for lunch. Located in the north Bronx, City Island is a port town featuring a number of restaurants with fresh seafood. We ate at Sammy's (pictured above). After consuming an insane amount of shrimp and scallops in garlic sauce, fries, salad, and bread with cheese, we left the island and made our way to Paula's house, where I dropped her off. I then drove through New York and New Jersey before picking up the PA Turnpike near Harrisburg (after stopping off for gas in Jersey, of course). This was an interesting place to pick up the turnpike because as you can see, it perfectly depicts my move from Philadelphia, where I lived for 6 years, to Pittsburgh, where I'll be attending med school. I have to say, even though I take the Northeast for granted since I've lived here my whole life, it really is a beautiful section of the country.


I actually entered the city of Pittsburgh exactly as the clock struck midnight. Thirty minutes later, I was home in Upper St. Clair, eating my dad's delicious chicken curry and rice (-->)
-- ahhhh, home, sweet home!

States Traveled Through: MA, RI, CT, NY, NJ, PA

Traveling With: Paula from Cape Cod to NYC (-->); then by myself

What's Playing in the Car:

Major Highways: I-95 SI-78 WI-81 WI-76 W (PA Turnpike)I-376 W 




No comments:

Post a Comment